Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Watched The Leisure Seeker on Amazon Prime, subject matter not the lightest but always a treat to watch Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland doing their thing.

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 · (Edited)
Stowaway - A Mars-bound spacecraft built for three unexpectedly has a fourth passenger and nowhere near enough oxygen. Sacrifies will need to be made.

Comments: I enjoyed the overall story, the visuals and the pacing...but didn't care for some of the plot holes or the final act's perfunctory heroism and bland ending. I much preferred director Joe Penna's 2018 movie, "Arctic".

·
Registered
195 Posts
Finally gave in and watched first 3 episodes of Bridgerton on Netflix, the only disappointment is that there are only 8 episodes in season 1.
Oh, make that 2 disappointments, I have found out that Regé-Jean Page will not be in the second series.
:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally gave in and watched first 3 episodes of Bridgerton on Netflix, the only disappointment is that there are only 8 episodes in season 1.
Oh, make that 2 disappointments, I have found out that Regé-Jean Page will not be in the second series.
:(
I couldn't have said it better!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Stowaway - A Mars-bound spacecraft built for three unexpectedly has a fourth passenger and nowhere near enough oxygen. Sacrifies will need to be made.

Comments: I enjoyed the overall story, the visuals and the pacing...but didn't care for some of the plot holes or the final act's perfunctory heroism and bland ending. I much preferred director Joe Penna's 2018 movie, "Arctic".
Is this not a film of the very old sf novel, The Cold Equations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
The Mule - Earl Stone, an octogenarian estranged from his family, finds purpose in effectively delivering drugs for a Mexican drug cartel. Unaware that the D.E.A. is closing in on him, Earl belatedly comes to understand the importance of family above all else.

Comments: This would've been a better movie with a better / stronger story and without Dianne Wiest, whose performance ranged from mediocre to laughably bad.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just watched first two episodes of The Secrets she Keeps on Gem.
An Australian 6 episode series. It's a bit predictable so far but that's not stopping me from finding it gripping.
The two lead female actors are doing a great job, actually I am enjoying the entire cast.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just watched first two episodes of The Secrets she Keeps on Gem.
An Australian 6 episode series. It's a bit predictable so far but that's not stopping me from finding it gripping.
The two lead female actors are doing a great job, actually I am enjoying the entire cast.
Finished the last four episodes last night, had only intended to watch two but found I couldn't stop before I found out how it ended.
Would give it 4.5 stars.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Watched all 4 episodes of an Australian ABC production First Day on Gem last night.
It's about transgender teen Hannah's first day at highschool with all new people.
I enjoyed it very much and would highly recommend it.
Each episode runs for around 24 minutes.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Got around to watching Yellowstone on the Prime app on my smart TV. Season 3 seams to be in 4K.....looks great. Audio is still pro logic.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Streaming? Scarborough’s Lilly NAILS what I think about ‘streaming’. She’s getting funnier every day. Why are Canadian women so funny:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Watched all 4 episodes of an Australian ABC production First Day on Gem last night.
It's about transgender teen Hannah's first day at highschool with all new people.
I enjoyed it very much and would highly recommend it.
Each episode runs for around 24 minutes.
Thank You, I was hoping this show would be available in Canada, I saw the sneak peak video last year, and I realy wanted to watch it. :)

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
The Mitchells vs the Machines - The AI uprising seems unstoppable, but it's no match for the power of family, love and acceptance.

Comments: Aside from the highly-imaginative animation, a few chuckles and Monchi, this movie was a loud and irrating mess of obnoxious characters, in-your-face social commentary and ridiculously-improbable scenarios.

(n)

261 - 280 of 282 Posts