Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only shows I'm watching now are The Expanse and 30 Coins, waiting for Snow Piercer next week. Not much I'm interested in right now. So hockey and old movies (30's to 60's) fills my time.

·
Super Moderator
11,155 Posts
Watching Servant on Apple TV+. It is creepy enough to keep you coming back for more and no over the top jump scares. Finished Season 1 and waiting for more episodes in S2. Rupert Grint really surprised me here.

Just started Tehran on Apple TV+. It looks promising. Love the mixture of English, Farsi and Hebrew.

Gave up on Yellowstone on Amazon Prime. Too cliched for me. Sort of a modern twist on "Cowboys and Indians". I might give it another shot later.

Watched Designated Survivor on Netflix last fall. Let's say it was a good primer for the last few months.

And of course The Mandalorian on Disney+.

We got Crave for Christmas as well. Needless to say the lockdown has been a boon for the streaming services.

We do 4K and so far Amazon Prime is the bitrate champ. I don't have final numbers but we get consistently around 9 Mbit/s.

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
Lupin on Netflix. Starts out like a caper flick but develops into a longer story. Filmed in France. If you can get past the English over French voice dubbing and the dialog being overwhelmed by music in some places it's a decent watch. Five hour long episodes plus extras.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Finished bingeing all 6 seasons of Younger a couple of days ago, would really recommend it if you like character driven shows.( Amazon Prime)
I think one episode would be enough to make a decision on whether or not it appeals.

Tonight I started Godless on Netflix.
Have wanted to see it for so long but had not taken the Netflix plunge until today.
It has not disappointed although it's a slow burn. I'm already mourning the fact that there's only 7 episodes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last night I watched Penguin Bloom on netflix.
I suspect it would have been better with an extra half hour, felt the ending was a bit rushed.
If you like Australian magpies you might enjoy this movie.
I have the book which is full of beautiful photographs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Finished Godless last night on Netflix, it is so good.
You can tell it was made with a great deal of care and love.
Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Only has 7 episodes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Started watching The Kominsky Method on Netflix, have only watched the first two episodes but think I will watch all two seasons.
Seems there are only 16 episodes total.

·
Registered
183 Posts
3rd and final season of the Kominsky Method was announced earlier. Did not see when they would be available.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Watched 'Our Souls at Night' last night on Netflix with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford.
What a lovely little film, I smiled all the way through it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Finished Ozark, too bad it's going to be a long time before the final season will be ready. Apparently it will be 14 episodes split into 2.
I really wish they wouldn't do that and just run the entire 14 episodes rather than making you wait even longer.

Started watching season 3 of 'Wanted' and Australian series. I'd seen the first two seasons on dvd. It's good to be able to finish it off.

All 3 seasons are on Netflix, each season only runs for 6 episodes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Started 'Stateless' an aussie mini series, will finish tonight.
It's not a fun watch but definitely worth it. Set in an immigration detention centre.
Acting is superb.
Only has 6 episodes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last night I watched first 3 eppies of Unbelievable, a limited series of 8 eppies on Netflix.
Toni Collette and Merritt Weaver ( who was excellent in Godless) among others, acting is excellent.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Watched first 4 episodes of Secret City-Under the Eagle on netflix last night. Only 2 episodes to go.
It follows on from Secret City and stars Anna Torv amongst a big cast of well known Australian actors.
Was very happy to find part 2 on Netflix as I had been trying to find the dvds without success. Not sure if they were ever released which is strange as Secret City is easy to find.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Watched first 4 episodes of Secret City-Under the Eagle on netflix last night. Only 2 episodes to go.
It follows on from Secret City and stars Anna Torv amongst a big cast of well known Australian actors.
Was very happy to find part 2 on Netflix as I had been trying to find the dvds without success. Not sure if they were ever released which is strange as Secret City is easy to find.
I enjoyed both seasons of Secret City, but unfortunately I don't think there will be a third season. If you are a fan of Anna Torv, she is in both seasons of Mindhunter also on Netflix.

·
Registered
172 Posts
@PeppermintP,

Am sure you're right about no 3rd season of Secret City. Thanks for letting me know Anna Torv is also in Mindhunter.
She's also in Fringe which I have yet to see but I do have the bluray set.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts