Stargate
Total Recall
Reservoir Dogs
T2
Goodfellas

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just watched Ice Age Meltdown on the PS/3 and a 720p projector and it was stunning. (I love unpacking these amazon boxes). Had some good laughs watching the 'extras' after the movie - the time travel piece for Skrat was brilliant. And I also loved the Simpons movie 'preview', though the PQ was a bit sub-par for the HD experience :)

This was a movie they should have packed with the PS/3 shipments to show what it can do. I may yet be using the Talladega movie for a shiny drink coaster.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
let us know if that "Descent bug" is present. I remember reading that a JAVA programming bug doesn't let the movie play in certain players.
I have a PS3. From what I understand, those are not affected by the BD-J code inclusion. I should get the movies next week. If anything is funky, I'll report back.

Cal

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Finally got X-Men III tonight ($30 @ FS, along with the PS3 bluetooth remote, finally!!!). Will be watching it later when the kids are in bed. This is my first AVC title so I can't wait to see how it looks.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Sahara

Watched my very first BR DVD last night via a PS3 on my Sony XBR2 46 inch LCD. Amazing is all I can say. Sahara had a lot of desert, water & blue sky scenes, a fair number of explosions and great sound track. All in all I was very impressed.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Open Season

Watched Open Season yesterday with the kids. The PQ is amazing. This is the first AVC BD that I watch and I am impressed. I can't comment too much on the soundtrack as we had the French one going which is compressed... At least on BD we get 5.1 in French whereas on regular DVD we'd get only Pro Logic... :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just watched my first blu ray movie using playstation3. It was "Saw 3". I was very impressed by the picture quality even though the movie was so full of gore and other disgusting visuals that I somewhat regretted seeing it in high def. :) All of my future movie purchases will be on blu ray instead of normal dvd for sure.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The Usual Suspects (BD-25, MPEG2)

The movie looked quite good (but not spectacular). Some shots were a bit soft, while the others were really sharp and detailed. DTS-MA soundtrack sounded great (downconverted to DTS 1.5Mb/s by PS3).

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just picked up First Blood Rambo yesterday. A fantastic transfer for an old film. Disc is full of extras as well. AVC transfer at a healthy bitrate. Really nice. If you like this movie, it's a must own.

·
Registered
478 Posts
picked up terminator 2 and the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy the other day..

have seen both before, just threw em in for 5-10 mins to see PQ... i was blown away by hitchhiker's guide, can't wait to watch the rest, especially to see if the CG still looks as good.

as for t2, it looks really good and all, but, those so-called 'state of the art' CG we saw 12 years ago, sure look cheesy now, hahaha. similar to what would happen if they released jurassic park on next-gen, i'm sure.

21 - 40 of 1945 Posts