Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Winter Classic has been moved to the evening due to forecast of rain in the afternoon. Anybody know if CBC will be showing it? All I see on their website is that it will be streamed live on cbc.ca.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Here is the schedule (all times ET)

For viewers in Ontario
6:30pm - Hockey Tonight
7:00pm - Maple Leafs-Senators (will be shown in its entirety)
9:30pm - Capitals-Penguins (JIP in the 2nd period)
10:30pm - Flames-Oilers (JIP)

For viewers everywhere else
6:30pm - Hockey Tonight
7:00pm - Maple Leafs-Senators (1st period and Coach's Corner only)
8:00pm - Capitals-Penguins (shown in its entirety)
10:30pm - Flames-Oilers (JIP)

All three games will be seen in their entirety on CBCSports.ca and the Winter Classic will also be available on Bold and NBC.

CBC plan to join Flames-Oilers in progress everywhere; however, if the Winter Classic isn't close, they will send viewers in Alberta to the start of Flames-Oilers.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
In other words, fans in Ontario are being really screwed by the CBC (yet again).

Inferior hockey vs. "classic".

·
Registered
699 Posts
you can still choose to watch the Classic on NBC. :) I think the leafs are due to begin their miraculous turn around to make sure they don't give Boston another great pick this year any time soon now....or not.

·
Registered
242 Posts
NBC coverage is a refreshing change. Doc Emerick is cool and NBC execs normally tranquilize Pierre shortly before puck - drop to calm him down. (he's too busy "dumbing down" hockey for casual American fans - nothing wrong with that btw.) Wont have to switch back and forth this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On a radio appearance, Maguire said he was in Pittsburgh for the day. If the Classic is pushed off to Sunday, he will miss as he's committed to the WJHC Sunday broadcast on TSN.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Will Shaw Air the Outdoor NHL game on an alternate HD channel?

I just noticed they bumped the game to 8pm EST. In the fine print it say it'll be on CBC except the affiliates in Toronto and Ottawa as their is a leafs game on tonight.

The problem is Shaw uses the Toronto feed for its version of CBC HD. I know its last minute, but I hope they can put it up on an alternate channel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Classic will be on live on CBC Vancouver

.... available to GTA Rogers subscribers on channel 582. Hoping this is not blacked out here.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just went to NBC's Detroit affiliate to see what they're showing instead of the hockey. When I put the channel on my TV guide (Shaw Direct) it said "NHL Hockey from Fenway Park in Boston!"

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just went to NBC's Detroit affiliate to see what they're showing instead of the hockey. When I put the channel on my TV guide (Shaw Direct) it said "NHL Hockey from Fenway Park in Boston!"
From 1 to 4pm est today NBC was airing previous Winter Classic Games Highlights from Buffalo, Chicago and Boston, due to this years start time delay.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
DEAR CBC: Show the Winter Classic

Thank you. The Sens game is out of reach, pull the plug.

Common sense must exist at the CBC or does it?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I find this funny that people on here and on the CBC website are complaining about the game distribution tonight. The Leafs/Sens game was shown on CBC Toronto and Ottawa only... Since these are the local stations for the two teams involved, they have to respect the broadcast market they are in. Other broadcasters would complain if CBC dumped the Leafs game for the winter classic outright in Toronto (eg. sportsnet would complain that they could've shown the game if CBC didn't want to)

The fact that numerous other options exist, such as streaming online, or on NBC, or if your lucky, another CBC channel from your provider, I personally find these attacks on the CBC's decision outrageous.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts