Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed something curious. I can receive WGN - CW Chicago HD on ch 573, but I'm not authorized to receive WGN SD on 345. I'm on Rogers in Mississauga.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^
Actually, I am supposed to receive HD, but not SD, according to the "Your Personal Channel Line-up" sent to me by Rogers last December. It just strikes me strange that you could get HD but not SD. It's usually the other way around. I didn't ever request that station, either SD or HD. I certainly don't watch it. I just checked and find the same situation applies to the Seattle channels. I recall the Seattle channels were part of some package I get.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
jakes, your also gonna receive wsbk hd pretty soon too. thogh not so sure if the SD channel is included.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also gonna receive wsbk hd pretty soon
That's an independent Boston station. Where did you hear about it? Any idea when?

BTW, I'm not worried about not getting the SD channel as the only SD set I have is connected to a HD STB (actually, it's on a shelf below the set, not set top, so perhaps it's an "OASBTSB" ;-)

I only started this thread because I thought it curious that I could receive a channel in HD but not SD

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked and see WBSK is listed at 343 SD and 571 HD, but I'm not authorized to receive either one.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
no not yet but you should soon
check your bill, there was a msg about it coming soon to the hd specialty pak

·
Registered
165 Posts
so it's not already there in rogersland? holy cow I think the maritimes got a scoop on something!! We've had it here for at least 2 months. Too bad WSBK is a shell of what it was like 5 years ago.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^
It is, apparently, available. I'm just not authorized to receive it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I just checked and see WBSK is listed at 343 SD and 571 HD, but I'm not authorized to receive either one.
I used to be able to receive WSBK as part of the superstations pak along with TMN, however, Bell has since moved WSBK to one of the theme paks, perhaps one of the Variety themes. Since I don't subscribe to that particular theme pak, I don't get WSBK anymore. Maybe that's why you don't get it. WSBK is good (or was) for Bruins and Celtic coverage but I think that's been taken over by NESN and Fox Sports New England.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^^
I'm on Rogers, not Bell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts