Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. new user of lcdtv as a display for my notebook. i have successfully outputed the display of my notebook to the lcdtv with 1920x1080 and am loving it. however, i am unable to watch dvd's. i just get a black screen where the video is supposed to be. i see a picture in my laptop, but not on the big screen. i am using vlc media player and wmp11. i also want to find a dvd software that will output/upconvert my dvds to 1080i for viewing on the lcdtv. any suggestions? i have searched the forums (or tried to) but cant seem to find any direct answers.

thanks.

ed in toronto

·
Registered
46 Posts
Video with Laptop in dual mode

Sometimes, depending on the vendor or GPU on the laptop, the video will display on the Laptop's LCD but not on the External monitor when trying to view them at the same time. I usually find that when the laptop is in external monitor mode only, the video will be displayed on the external monitor.

I use Nero's Showtime for DVD playback on my Westy 42" unit but there are probably better ones than that available. Showtime came free with (Nero 7) The computer does the up conversion automatically and dvd's look really nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts