Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this 37" monitor offered in Canada, or has any comments to offer?

37" 1920x1080 native 12ms
Computer/TV use.

It's selling online in the US for less than US$2300!

Gary

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Westinghouse specs seem better:

1000:1 v. 800:1 contrast ratio
Two HD Component inputs v. one
Two DVI+HDCP inputs v. one (BENQ is DVI only too)
Separate RGB inputs as well as VGA

I think the DVI v. HDMI is the dual use issue. The computer video cards have DVI output. HDMI -> DVI is assured, but is DVI -> HDMI?

Except for the contrast ratio, you could be led to conclude it is the exact same screen panel.

Gary

·
Registered
785 Posts
dialog_gvf said:
The Westinghouse specs seem better:

1000:1 v. 800:1 contrast ratio
Two HD Component inputs v. one
Two DVI+HDCP inputs v. one (BENQ is DVI only too)

BenQ DV3750 has 1 DVI/HDCP input.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Any new reviews/experience on this or Westinghouse name in general...I have a Package Deal with Best Buy...!!!

Or does anyone know if they will be getting the LVM-37W3...HDMI instead of DVI inputs...???

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have tied out the 47" Westinhouse and my comments are postd recently on another thread in this HDTV forum.

Because of the posting rules, they cannt be reposted here but after you take a look, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received the following e-mail response from Best Buy Canada:

"This email is regarding your recent inquiry concerning the Westinghouse
LVM37W3 LCD TV. After further investigation we have bneen advised this
will not be available to us in the near future.

We would like to thank you for visiting Bestbuy.ca. We value your
business
and we look forward to serving you again. Should you have further
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of our
friendly customer service representatives at our toll free number
1-866-237-8289 or via email at [email protected]."

·
Registered
5 Posts
I broke down and bought the LVM-37w1 (on sale last week for $1500), and I'm extremely pleased with it so far. As much as I would rather have had the w3, I couldn't live without a replacement for my returned Dell 2407 any longer, and I don't regret the decision at all.

Granted, I'm only using my new Westinghouse screen as a computer monitor for now, so I can't comment on the majority of the other inputs it sports (although my tests with component have served to highlight just how terrible the 2407's component inputs really were, since the LVM-37w1's are so much better), but as far as DVI input from a computer goes, I'm very pleased. I was a little worried about the 12ms response time at first, but after playing a few games, I haven't seen any distracting ghosting. The black levels could be better, mind you, but I could say the same about every LCD I've ever owned, so it doesn't bother me.

Plus, being able to do PIP between any two inputs (all my previous HDTVs have only allowed certain input combinations) is really nice, and makes watching TV in a small window (fed via VGA from my external tuner) while working away on my desktop (fed via DVI from my PC) much easier than the hassle I had to deal with for my previous sets.

This set's been out more than long enough that I imagine most questions could be answered by browsing the lengthy thread for it on avsforum (or in one or two of the online reviews for the unit), but if anyone has a specific question they can't find an answer for, I might be able to whip something up after a bit of fiddling with the screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts