Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
59,102 Posts
It prompts with "Wyoming"
On that page, at the bottom should be "Change Country", press that, then on the QUERTY page type "U" and the US or US Virgin Is should come up, you should then be away to the races.

One trick that I've found somewhat useful is to not spell out the street or other information completely on the QUERTY page before pressing "done", this will then bring up a list of candidates.

It's a bit of a trick to know when to stop to keep the list not too long.

For example, Bayv - for Bayview, etc.

Sometimes this comes up automatically if the list is short enough and the GPS is fast enough.

Of course, once you've got your destination, you can click on POIs to get your hotel, restaurants, etc. I've programmed in my favourite Buffalo Restaurants, Hotel, etc and I haven't left TO.

· Super Moderator
59,102 Posts
I just purchased my 1350 earlier this month and I downloaded the latest maps - I believe the file was over 1GB. I didn't need to do anything file or memory-wise, but I did notice that there wasn't a lot of room left in memory. I checked and Davis California is in my files.

Thanks for the voice files tip - I may need that at some point. There's probably other "junk" on there I don't need, but I did heed the warning not to delete files that may be needed to operate... ;)

· Super Moderator
59,102 Posts
Thanks to the trailblazing done by Ricketty Rabbit, I also removed some of the voice files (leaving English and French) and I was able to download the US/Canada version which was about 1.23GB. Before I removed the voice files, I would have only been able to download Canada and neighbour states.

When I "get info" on my Garmin when connected to my computer, it shows 1.77 GB total with just over 200 MB available now that I've deleted most of the voice files. I guess I couldn't download the full NA map without adding memory?

- What am I missing with US/Canada instead of NA? I have the 1350 LMT.
- Ricketty, what's the memory on your 1450?
- Can you see the size of the map file on your Garmin? I had a look around and couldn't actually see the map file - perhaps it's "hidden"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.