Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 530, since Christmas.

Running on component to a Samsung 50" DLP

All of a sudden yesterday the picture goes almost completely white, with some black shadowy figures the only colour. The menu was starkly white with black letters.

Switch to DVD - (HDMI) full colour. Switch to WD HD media player - (DVI)full HD.

Switch to another Component conection - White n' black
Switch to RCA - Composite cables - White n' Black

SD cust service seemed to almost not believe me - tried to blame it on other issues (and had me check signal strength like 8 times....)

Multiple resets and reboots later, they are sending me a new unit... but I'd rather not lose the entire season of LOST that I PVR'd for a marathon before the finale...

Any ideas or is my unit just a pretty junk heap now?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you have any other devices that can connect to the component/composite connections on the TV to see what kind of picture you get.

It's possible something in your TV has gone bad as much as it is something with your 530.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooops! I really did not think the component and composite would go and not the DVI and HDMI....

Just cycled the TV through a full reset to defaults and it came on back.....

What do I do with the New 530 that is on the way?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Try to call Shaw Direct, they may be able to stop it from being sent. If you call them, they maybe will have you return it or have you refuse it without opening the shipment, they will be saving a lot of money and may waive any charges for shipping, but don't delay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.