Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering getting rid of cable as we no longer watch TV much. The only programming i will miss is EPL and Raptors.

For EPL, i plan on subscribing to Setanta-i. Does anyone have a recent review of the quality of their service? Do i have any other option? what about the games that dont show on Setanta the TV channel (Show on Roger Sports net and Score)?

For Raptors i have been unable to find any web option. NBA online service apparently excludes local team games!

Thanks

Akaz

·
Registered
699 Posts
there are many streams of the games available online for free. I prefer a program called readon tv movie radio player. (google it)

BTW..setanta lost the EPL rights...not sure about Canada..but in the US EPL is broadcast by FOX soccer channel.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
You will be completely shut out of the Raptors without TSN, TSN2 and the new Sportsnet channel (see another thread for more on this).

Setanta will have ~4 live Premier League games (plus a few tape delayed) per week. Not sure how good their streaming service is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Raps i might end up not watching anyways (as things stand now). But for EPL, will setanta coverage change much with the new contract?

They use to show pretty much all the games (either live or tape delay). Also does the online channel have similar level of coverage as the cable channel?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not sure if you follow the one team but I know the team I follow, Liverpool, have something called the e-season ticket. You get to watch their TV channel, view past games on-demand, and new games a few hours after being shown live.

If you don't mind not seeing the games live and only care about the one team it is not a bad deal but the price is like $7-8/month so not much cheaper than Setanta and you would not get to see the games live which is not a good thing for most people.

I Would think that most EPL teams would have something similar if interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I follow arsenal mostly but i watch upto 3-4 games a week. I an case i think will go with setanta and then try and fill the gaps some other way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts