Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Back to Normal

It would have been nice if the recent contributors had told us where they live but in any case all well that ends well. Except of course for those CSRs who this past weekend have been telling callers that Bell was no longer carrying the special local forecast inserts. What were they possibly thinking?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just watched the local forecast overlay here in PEI. Time is 10:53 AM ADT. Hopefully it's also restored in the rest of the country or will be soon.
Thanks Reidw.

As soon as I read this, I checked it out at 2PM EDT in Montreal and it is working again.

This is the best site.:D

I have the weather app on my phone and can check it on the internet but I check the weather on the weather channel everyday. I like this channel and it allows me to check other cities as well.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Local weather is only available on certain Bell Receiver Model Numbers. It's not available on Model Number 6400. It is available on the 3100 and 4100.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Update: Local weather on the tens is back as of April 22 minus the road maps which always disappear in the summer anyway (Bell Satellite TV). My guess is that TWN was having a problem reprogramming the weather overlay software. It would have been nice if Bell/TWN had put out a notice explaining this outage but that's obviously too much to ask.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Further Update May 27: Local weather again missing on Bell TV sat. ch 505 since last Monday. I'm about ready to give up on this channel.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Forecast restored a couple of days ago but timing is still out of sync. Forecast now runs over into Force Of Nature feature. Am dropping the channel from the EPG as of today. (Good-bye!!)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts