Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed since about 7pm last night that The Weather Network Channel 505 is not showing the local weather information. I guess something is wrong with the overlay.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The Weather Network Channel 505 is not showing the local weather information

Would that be LOCAL weather in Burnaby BC or perhaps Truro Nova Scotia or perhaps Yukon somewhere? You do not provide a location in your header or your screen profile. Makes it pretty difficult to agree or deny "same thing here last night".:confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm having the same issue. If I press select I can bring up local weather, however it appears to be from yesterday. The time is not correct for the "current" weather. Without pressing select the local weather does not overlay on top any more.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yep there is a problem here too on channel 130, the french weather channel for Quebec. Every 10th minute I usually get a series of graphics but not in the last 2-3 days. I remember this happened awhile back and it was fixed.

Also heard there might be a weather Network in HD soon not sure which provider though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem in the Pembroke/Petawawa area since last night. Chatted with a Bell representative - they seemed to know nothing about it nor how to fix it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
This was posted on Facebook around 1:42 ET this afternoon.

The Weather Network

‎(Cheryl) We are aware that some of you aren't able to receive your local forecasts, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We have spoken with our technicians and have been informed that this is a Bell Expressvu issue -- and that Bell will not be able to fix the glitch until Monday. Again -- we apologize for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Tried changing primary city and re-booting, suspected it was an issue at Bell, as the Weather Network was issuing many storm and tornado warnings. We had tornado warnings last night, but nothing appeared in the warnings banner.

By pressing select you are able to still get the forecast info, but how accurate it is maybe suspect! As again no tornado warnings appeared there either!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
This may all be part of Nimiq 6 prep work, but BELL should have told us. On the Nimiq 6 thread there is talk of Nimiq 3 on the Move, meaning that 91 was covered by 3 satellites not 2, N1, N2 and N3 which probably carried the weather Network info.

I think there is a storm front on the horizon, (or Clarke belt) they're going to have to tighten the "belt" to get all those satellites aligned...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
This was posted on Facebook around 1:42 ET this afternoon.
Now this is getting interesting. On another DHC thread we have people reporting that they have been told by Bell CSRs that the special local forecast overlays are "history" and aren't going to be offered any more. I wonder whom we should believe?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I hope not,but Bell got rid of the interactive features on TSN,RDS,RDI so I wouldn't be surprised if they remove this feature as well.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yep there is a problem here too on channel 130, the french weather channel for Quebec. Every 10th minute I usually get a series of graphics but not in the last 2-3 days. I remember this happened awhile back and it was fixed.

Also heard there might be a weather Network in HD soon not sure which provider though.
Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading somewheres that it was coming to Bell... I don't remember where though. It may have been wikipedia, which isn't always 100% accurate.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
It's been on the Weather Network twitter feed all day and it's also on their facebook page:

We are aware that some of you aren't able to receive your local forecasts, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We have spoken with our technicians and have been informed that this is a Bell Expressvu issue -- and that Bell will not be able to fix the glitch until Monday. Again -- we apologize for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
It's Back!

Just watched the local forecast overlay here in PEI. Time is 10:53 AM ADT. Hopefully it's also restored in the rest of the country or will be soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts