Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last nite we lost some channels and when they were still gone this morning I checked the xpdrs and all the even ones were zero. A couple times before when thereve been problems I've run a switch check and it said "Unknown" and "No switch detected." We set up the dish ourselves and it only has one cable so you only need a switch with more cables right? Also we only have one rcvr (a 4700).

This time it came up all Xs on sats and xpdrs (even though our odd xpdrs were working) but it said "SCD-2P3." Was it just confused? I went and cut back a vine that was growing over the dish and our xpdrs came back and now it says "Unknown" again. Any idea why it thought we had a switch?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The SCD is a Stacked Switch used in apartment buildings.

Try running a Check Switch with the cable removed from the receiver, after it fails, connect it and run again.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pinza so I was right it was just confused for a minute?

What will happen if I disconnect the cable and check the switch again? I'm a bit scared to do it now that everythings working again!

·
Registered
520 Posts
When you first start the check switch test, it may start counting at 1 of 1, and then complete with improper results. If it does, retest it until it gets through to 2 of 38 as it should, and hopefully you got both 91 and 82.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi costa no we dont get 82 like I said we only have one cable. people only need a switch if they need to point to more than one satellite or maybe if they have more than one rcvr, right?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If the Hydro has been out at any time, it pays to run a "Check Switch", if it is working now, leave it alone, but try this if there are further problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts