Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It's still coming in strong here. I can move my antenna either way approx. 45 degrees of peak and it still comes in.

This is good. I am able to get all the Toronto, Hamilton, Fonthill and the usual Buffalo stations with one aim. Now I can also get WBBZ, WPXJ, and WBXZ and WDTB. I think about 45 or 46 channels register on a scan now. Pretty good.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
According to WBXZ's facebook page, COZI should be up later this week, and the others to follow later.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm just looking at my TV Fool report to see what I can get out of WBXZ but it's near the very bottom of the list. So I don't think I can get that channel, correct?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
Maybe it's too early on to tell yet, but Is anyone starting to see a corelation between the weather and receiving it? How about time of day?

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you look at the Rabbit Ears link and see how it says 'Service Designation: LD Low-Power Digital TV Station' and 'Channel: 17 488 - 494 MHz Construction Permit (Expires 09/01/2015) ' and that both 'LD' and 'Construction Permit' are both in red, could it change on 09/01/2015 and if so, how?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The only time i've lost signal so far is during rain. It's a fringe station for me. I guess the rain knocks it over the threshold. Don't know how it's affected by cold weather

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been getting it rock solid for the last week in Oshawa.. I am on a hill with a 40 foot tower tho so I cant say I am the normal..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Would more people have a better signal if WBXZ where to move to channel 16 or 18? That way there would be no WBXZ/Global interference. Just a wild thought though. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Seems like every channel is used up. It seemed like a good idea at first. If that can't be done, would it be worth while asking Industry Canada to do something with RF 17 in such a way that the Global Paris signal will disappear east of Stoney Creek? That way anybody east of the area can get a LOS to the CN Tower, which is a different channel. Which will improve the WBXZ signal for people on the edge with a deep fringe antenna?
I hope that makes any sense. :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Every channel is not used up but reserved for future channels that likely will never be used.Not in use are RF 11,48,34,46,all better choices than Rf 17 .

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Another option would be RF21, which is not being used or allocated I believe. Isn't RF11 limited to 4KW?, which is ridiculous

·
Registered
608 Posts
Do the WBXZ guys come on here once and awhile? I'm sure filing for a different channel would be a lot of work and take some time for the FCC and the CRTC / Industry Canada to approve it. But then again if the American people are happy with the signals than that's good then. :)

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Every channel is not used up but reserved for future channels that likely will never be used.Not in use are RF 11,48,34,46,all better choices than Rf 17 .
Your missing the point, assuming those are all reserved on the Canadian side.
Agree they will never be used by Canadians, but that doesn't mean the US side can use them. They aren't gonna get a new frequency because so and so OTA enthusiast in Canada wants them to. Doesn't work that way... filing, red tape, lawyers, transmitter/antenna work, ur talkin pretty big money... Maybe you'd like to pay for it?? Just kidding of course...;)

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Well that suxx, thankyou to Industry Canada for protecting us.

I might not realize Im Canadian if I watch too much Cozi TV, what a joke.
For those of you who are unable to receive WBXZ OTA, please note that you can still freely receive COZI TV without any subscription fees off Ku-band FTA satellite using a satellite dish as small as 75cm aimed at 103W. COZI is one of the better stations available on Ku-band FTA satellite and airs a mix of classic TV series from the 50s all the way through the 80s along with retro movies.

I tried scanning here in Oakville off my CM-4228HD aimed at Buffalo along with a CM-7777 preamp and haven't been able to receive WBXZ so far. However, I was able to receive WDTB during trop conditions when WPXJ and WBBZ come in booming. Hopefully I can receive it once I relocate my chimney mounted antenna on the 50 ft. tower I installed last year.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.