Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, Sept 1, 2017, I just unboxed a 55 inch Samsung MU6300 which I received as a warranty replacement for my LG 55LN5750. The LG was 4 years old and was repaired this spring under warranty because it would not turn on. Four months later it developed fine horizontal lines across the picture which were more defined in the upper right corner. The warranty company decided to replace it with a brand new Samsung which has a manufacturing date of August 2017.

The problem is that while this theoretically is a better set, it seems to me that my old LG had a clearer more focused picture with less jitter. Both TV sets were at factory settings. Am I doing something wrong? Will the Samsung improve with use? Does it need adjusting? I have Bell/MTS. Any assistance is appreciated. I thought I was very lucky getting a newer 4K TV for free, but now I am thinking of getting the old LG repaired on my own dime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The quality of the MU6300 display seems to have improved with two days of usage, but it still doesn't seem as good as my old LG. Can anyone offer any advice?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I ran into a similar situation and basically refused to accept the tv offered and obtained a cash credit instead to put toward the set I really wanted. The offered replacement was in fact a pretty nice and a very fair replacement but it just wasn't quite what I wanted...

·
Registered
159 Posts
To OP, not sure what your final decision was on this TV, but given that you moved up to a 4K TV in the Samsung, the upconversion and quality of your sources could certainly be a factor here. I have the MU6300, and while not a perfect TV, I can attest to the fact that when I watch 4K source material, such as from Netflix or Amazon Prime Video (Narcos or The Grand Tour come to mind), that the 4K/HDR results we’re very satisfying. If it’s a question of whether to calibrate, even if you don’t undertake a full calibration, reading this evaluation and included “base calibration” instructions may net you better image results:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts