Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that the new SyFy (dumb name!) series Warehouse 13 has started in the US.

Anyone know of plans to bring this to Canada?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did a search on it but did not find any upcoming listings in Canada.

I watched it last night. The show was boring in parts of it. I think that they put too many unnecessary portions in it to make it a 2 hour premier. Should have been only one and a half hour maximum. Once it goes back to one hour, it should be much better. Overall, I thought the show has decent. Reminds me of The Librarian movies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The show is actually produced in Toronto with a mostly Canadian cast and crew. So I'm sure that some Canadian broadcaster will pick it up.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The show is actually produced in Toronto with a mostly Canadian cast and crew. So I'm sure that some Canadian broadcaster will pick it up.
Kind of like The Listener, where US stations try to remove all references to Canadian stations in the credits?? :)

Watched almost half of the first episode, interesting enough to give it a chance...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Kind of like The Listener, where US stations try to remove all references to Canadian stations in the credits?? :)

Watched almost half of the first episode, interesting enough to give it a chance...
Who is broadcasting this show in Canada?
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm really enjoying this show (buying it from American iTunes, in HD). It has neat gadgets, a witty enough script and you have to like a sci-fi show that guest stars Tricia Helfer (2nd episode, I think it was).

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'd only rate this as "ok". It's a bit quirky, a bit SciFi, a bit of a few other things but hasn't really tried to dominate any one thing. Granted it is only 3 episodes in.

I'd like to see more about the history of the "object" that they have to go after. How it got that way, etc. They cover this a tiny bit.

I'd say there is potential here. The show will likely have to improve if it is going to continue though.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I put it on my watch list because Jane Espenson is one of the producers and she worked with Joss Whedon on Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just dug up this thread because City TV is going to show Warehouse 13 starting in April. Better late than never, I guess.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just dug up this thread because City TV is going to show Warehouse 13 starting in April. Better late than never, I guess.
Are they rebroadcasting Season 1, or is this the start of Season 2?

I can not find any references to when Season 2 was scheduled to begin broadcasting beyond "2010".

·
Registered
90 Posts
This would be Season 1. I follow one of the stars on Twitter, and he said they are just now starting to film Season 2, which will air in July in the USA.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Don't you guys find it weird that the dubbed french version started March 8th on Ztélé, which is 1 month and a half before the original english version?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are they rebroadcasting season 1? If so, starting it at different times in different areas means little.

According to Wikipedia, in August 2009, Warehouse 13 was renewed for a second season of 12 episodes which will air weekly beginning on July 13, 2010

1 - 20 of 47 Posts