Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you look at places like FS you will see
1) very few sales, and what sales they have are minimal
2) very little price difference between old and new models when they come out, to the point where it makes little sense to buy the older model.

Apple seem to control prices for their products very closely, almost as well as the oil companies control gas prices.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've bought several refurbished Apple products and saved a few dollars. These are returned units that customers didn't like for whatever reason. Apple restores the hard drive and makes sure there is nothing wrong with them. You get the same warranty and can purchase an extended warranty just like a new model.

http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook

On the left navigation you can click on the different models.

When the new models comes out, you can be sure some people that just bought a Mac a couple days earlier will return it to get the newest and latest.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PG44, that's what I suspected. Just wanted to confirm the price likely won't drop the day after I buy.

I guess places like FS have the price protection and would cover the difference if it did.

Thanks again

·
Registered
706 Posts
tough to say. i worked at an electronics store for 8 years and did the computer purchasing. we recieved zero price protection and zero warning of pricing changes from apple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts