Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on here can help me understand why I can't get Optik TV.....

I call, and am told that it is available in my neighbourhood, but they can't set me up on it because there are no ports available.......

I ask when they can have some ports available, but they can't give me an answer......

I am new to this forum, and was hoping somebody on here may be able to give some insight as to when I could expect to be able to get the service.

I am in the Clayton Heights neighbourhood of Surrey BC if that helps at all.....

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think at this point they are victims of their own success. They've got more customers than they can properly accommodate. It took nearly a month of phone calls to get upgraded to the new 25 meg profile because their were no ports. I've been told on more than one occasion to check back at the end of the month after people have moved or cancelled their service but it eventuallly happened. It took a lot of phone calls. Some support staff are way better than others so don't be afraid to hang up and re-dial to talk to another. I also reminded them that "hey I'm trying to pay you money and your putting all the onus on me to check back with you" how silly is that! Good Luck!

·
Registered
494 Posts
A lot of the equipment is coming online for Optik, but the ports are not active. My understanding is that when they first activate a new Optik area, the first few ports are used, then the equipment is put on hold for testing while everything is monitored to make sure everything is functioning properly.

From what I hear, the problem is that the guys that are doing the testing are so far behind that it sometimes takes months for them to get to the verification. Therefore there could be a perfectly good piece of equipment ready to go, but the test guys haven't given it an OK for use.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Once a cabinet is full in a neighbourhood they likely do an assesment to see if another cabinet will pay for itself. If so, it probably takes quite a few months to order, install and turn it up. In the meantime, calling them to hound them is probably your only option and it likely is just a matter of your timing. There is a history of "no information available" to the csr's until you happen to call in and when they check they see "lots of ports available".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts