Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2700 that died on me and want to remove it from my account, is there a online way of doing this so i don't have to call in ? I have 4 receivers and realize i don't pay for anything over 2 I believe , but just want it off my account.

thanks

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Pretty sure You'll have to call them.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Bell needs to be called. Receivers can only be added online, not removed. Also, the receiver will still show as being on your account, it just won't be active and count against the 6 receiver total.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Unless you are on a very old account, there are no extra charges for additional receivers.

Just tell Bell that the receiver is junk and that it needs removing from the account as you are going to send it to the garbage. It will then be totally removed from your account.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys ...

Also it died because of a cup of coffee that was set on top and spilled ... just a few drops was all it took ...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Not sure whether Dish Care would cover that one!? It would certainly be a good story though.
Do you have any electronics skills to try to clean it yourself?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I had a 3100 go bad on may account and it is still listed as on my account when I look online. I called Bell and told them it was dead and they deactivated it but it is still listed.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You have to tell them to deactivate and remove it from the account.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
@jdevlin: What's the matter if it's still listed? Unless you gaved it or sold it to somebody it won't matter

Agents can not remove a receiver from an account, unless the client sold or gaved the receiver and he proceed to a transfer, even the old broken receivers should be listed

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I makes no difference to me. I was just saying they don't remove from your account if tell them it's dead and cancel it.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
You have to tell them to deactivate and remove it from the account.
I have one 6000 receiver listed that was "removed" 3 times. Unless it is returned to Bell or registered to another owner, it stays there forever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts