Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
To make a claim that it's got a Gain of: 25 - 35dB right across the entire frequency spectrum of: 45 - 860 MHZ
You know their full of Bull.!!

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
http://www.jensenaccessories.com/NR/rdonlyres/7D0F5760-8CE8-4BBB-B0D1-200205EB0123/0/TV611LG.jpg

This one is Jensen's Passive TV Antenna, the model 611.

Passive, they call it. There it sits very quietly, looking out the window, oblivious, lethargic, solemn, apathetic, pensive, dispassionate, bland, meek. Some people think it's really "deep", maybe heavily sedated, or perhaps a bit absent-minded. Others mistake the staid, placid vibe for serenity, pondering whether this Asian product is Confucian, maybe Zen Buddhist. No matter, it is guaranteed to retain its passive composure while you rant and scream at it about the awful reception.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Commander Tom? On Rocketship 7?! BZZZZZZZT... Promo, destroy him!

Commander Tom was never on Rocketship 7: he had his own show in the afternoons, and it was Dave Thomas who was on Rocketship 7.

http://www.rocketship7.com/

Now Promo is on his way to crush you for that... :D

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I bought one of those pieces of junk for our tv at the cn tower. We wanted a really bad antenna because its inside the mast and didn't want to overload the tuner.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Picture Frame Antenna

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here seems just about as good a plac as the Terrestial Digital Thread. What gets me is the model # : PF7, which to me implies they went through at least 6 other versions before settling on this one. I guess the 4x6, 5x7, and the 8x10 etc...?
I'm not posting here to disrespect Terrestial Digital especially since Richard Schneider has posted here on DHC before, but just because it is unique.

At 6.5 dB of gain, I can't imagine a place in Canada where there wouldn't be better options.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That design is the result of a dream he had in which George Raft walked towards him and said "I been framed!"

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
And what do you do when the in-laws come over and find their picture is facing the wall??? Maybe it comes with a rotor? :)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Paul.v, for what its worth, we don't normally allow ebay links but this one was so goofy that I have put it in a separate thread and let folks have a look

·
Registered
370 Posts
Haha, I thought I saw these pics on here before, but I guess not....
I wouldn't BUY one of these, but if I made one, I guess I might use one...
I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind the look of it, or the smell from blocking the plumbing vent:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for allowing this Hugh. I'm wondering if he cut a hole in the pipe inside the house so he can run a rope to his couch for tuning???

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The guy obviously doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing… he’s connected the 75 ohm coax directly to a balanced antenna design causing an impedance mismatch. He should have used a balun here. Anyone who’s even thinking of making their own antenna ....... well you’re better off just buying a real antenna that’s precisely designed and not something made out of fire wood!

Balun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balun

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Funny thing is, this guy is likely going to make some dumb money selling these plans !!

And what's with the curly-cue 4-bay bowtie :confused: - never seen that before, and hopefully won't again.

thanks for the chuckle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
99gecko;
your right....he is actually selling these things!! I checked...people are eating this up. Jokes on us!haha...if you look he has plans for plywood camper too to go with your new antenna!!haha...too much

·
Registered
246 Posts
Opinion Of Antenna Selling On Ebay

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this antenna.

21 - 40 of 127 Posts