Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

421 - 426 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where can I find more information about this Turbo Beacon Box? I don't understand how it works differently than a VPN?!
May be I'm getting it all wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh one more question ... would I be required with Turbo Beacon to pay a subscription to Canadian Netflix AND the US Netflix . thanks for any help !

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Netflix content, is based on WHERE you are. You pay your sub, whatever country you live in. But the content changes based on where you are.

In canada? It will show canadian netflix. In the US? You'll get US netflix. In the UK? UK netflix.

Thats where VPN type services come into play. They make it appear, like you are accessing from that other country, etc.

From the looks of it, what the Turbo Beacon box is a VPN box.
It plugs into your existing network. It has its own wireless on it, that you connect to. Any connection through that, will be VPNed.
Now.. its wireless range, etc? Who knows.. may be limited, etc.

And there is no guarantee that it will work forever with US netflix, etc.. they change/block other services all the time.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have been using opera a while now. While most of the time it is just as fast (with vpn on), but sometimes I have to turn it off if the web site is slow. This morning, I Yahoo mail send me a message that someone in Netherlands has successfully log into my account. So, it works as advertised.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Surfeasy works, a paid subscription service. I find most free ones don't. Also, it depends on the network / channel you're trying to watch - some, like Netflix, include code to track location services on your device, and won't work unless enabled. There's no easy way to get around those channels.

421 - 426 of 426 Posts