Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used the form on the Vonage web site to inquire about when local numbers for Windsor may be avaiable. The form asks for my vonage number which I supplied.

I went into this long explanation about how I had read that they were expanding and that I am moving in a month. I explained I currently use both Bell and Vonage and would love to drop Bell if I could only get a local Windsor number.

I got an email rerply today from customer service. After my long winded explaination of my situation and clearly identifying myself as a current customer, this is what I got back.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting customer care. I am sorry for any delay in
responding.

In response to your email, we currently offer service in Canada. For
more information about Vonage Canada, please log on to:
http://www.vonage.ca/ or call 1-877-272-0528.

Thank you for contacting customer care, I do hope that I have answered
your questions. Do not hesitate
to contact us if you need further assistance.

Sincerely

xxxx
Customer Service Representative

NOTHING PISSES ME OFF WORSE THAN BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

·
Banned
247 Posts
This kind of thing just makes me so mad. I find it happens with most companies that have web forms. They want people to send them an email instead of tying up their call centre phones lines, yet when you do send an email in you either get no reply at all, or a reply that makes you think they didn’t bother reading your query in the first place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe someone from Vonage read my post. I got another reply to the same message after I posted here. It wasn't very helpful but basically said for me to keep my eye on the website for new area codes as they become available.

At least this time it did seem that the person had actually read my comments.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm angry too...I had an issue a while back with Vonage charging my credit card for long distance before the monthly cycle occurred. I emailed them and received the same email as you did....some service eh?

As a side note, I'm waiting for a local number here in Windsor too, their website has been stating "new numbers within days" for three weeks now :rolleyes:

edit: Just visited the Vonage.ca website and saw that they have finally added some new cities, however they are all clustered around TO (all 905) and still nothing past London :eek:

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Hugh, I know my post was removed but the info contained in it was from the Vonage website so it was in the public domain. Anyway, new local numbers are now available.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am really not impressed with their customer service. I picked up a PAP2 adapter from London Drugs. I went with Vonage as it was the only provider that could transfer our existing number.

I got the device home and went to set it up. Apparently the device can't be installed in Canada and needs activation by a customer service rep. I called the number listed. No one (and I think I talked to half of India) even understood the issue. The line quality to their support center was absolutely brutal (not good if they are selling a phone service).

They said they would email me once they figured out what to do with the device. I got an email back with some "helpful hints", and "if this doesn't resolve your issue, call us back"...nothing about the activation. I tried it again and it does not work. From another forum, it sounds like this is a major problem for people buying their retail devices. Anyway, the box goes back on Monday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you need a local number, why not buy a DID from one of a tonne of providers and just provision it to an Asterisk box which your ATA would plug into.

None of that Vonage locked in junk, get a real ATA w/o locking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts