Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading a lot about voip.ms but not seeing much about talkit.ca. Prices seem about the same. Talkit.ca has a nicer website...I'm such a snob. And they provide the router?

Just don't see much in the way of recent postings about talkit.ca

·
Registered
497 Posts
i choose voip.ms. talkit.ca charges 79 for their ATA device. You can purchase a used ATA device on kijiji for 20$. voip.ms seems a little confusing. but once you start using their website it gets a lot easier.

·
Registered
877 Posts
VoIP.ms and talkit.ca are very different VoIP providers. It looks like talkit.ca provides pre-configured hardware to you, so that all you need to do (theoretically, anyway) is plug it in. VoIP.ms does not provide hardware. You need to buy your own and set it up by yourself. On the other hand, VoIP.ms has loads of features that almost nobody else in the industry has.

There is another thread about talkit.ca from a couple of months ago: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=137377

Frankly, I'm skeptical that offering 3000 minutes per month of Canadian VoIP for $5/month is sustainable. However, this is only speculation.

I have been a very happy VoIP.ms user for over two years.

m.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts