Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I try to get my Voicemail this morning and the prompts are all in French. I check the portal and my voicemail is configured to English

Anybody else having this problem?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Frustrating. Checked my portal and its set to English so nothing I can do. Have submitted a support request

·
Registered
877 Posts
The only thing I could suggest is setting it to French, and then back to English.

If you come up with a better solution, I would be interested to know what it is.

m.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mango, I tried that but no luck so I filled out a support ticket and I got the following from Voip.ms where {old mailbox #} has replaced my actual number

Dear Client:

Please notice, our engineers have detected an issue with your mailbox {old mailbox #} and they need you, please, follow this procedure:
1. To create a new voicemail (mailbox).
2. To confirm(via this ticket) when you do step 1, in this way we can migrate the information of mailbox {old mailbox #} to the new mailbox.
3. To delete mailbox {old mailbox #}, as soon as we confirm you (via this ticket) that the migration has been completed.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.
I have now done step #1 and #2

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It might be related to the significant problems they had on the toronto server. They completely lost my settings as well.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely seems to be a significant screw-up at their end.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They sent me an email saying my mailbox had been transferred so I deleted the screwed up mailbox but guess what, my voicemail is still in French.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
That's the best time for you Hugh to learn french. Nothing beats on-the-spot understanding! :eek:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Anyone know how long it's been since they reset the system?
I checked now and my voicemail message was reset to default.
Probably explains why I haven't had messages in a while :p

It's in english still, though.
Mais je pense que je le serais comprendre s'il était en francais

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got an email saying it was fixed, it wasn't. If I used *97 it was French but if I used *98 it was English.

Anyway couple hours later and it was working.

So don't know if mine was an isolated problem or whether a number of people had it.

My suspicion is that the problem originated because of the new Toronto and Montreal servers. When my 905 number was ported over (during the transition), I killed my old voice mail and created a new one. the new voicemail had a funny voicemail number that had nothing to do with my account #.

Today when I created a new one, it used my account number as the base.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Anyone know how long it's been since they reset the system?
I checked now and my voicemail message was reset to default.
Probably explains why I haven't had messages in a while :p

It's in english still, though.
Mais je pense que je le serais comprendre s'il était en francais
By the way, I figured out why my voicemail was reset.
I had been bumped to the new Toronto2 server without knowing it ;)
Since voicemail information is server-specific, I had the default greeting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts