Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several posts about voip.ms here, I've decided to venture into the world of voip and sip. However, I have a couple of newbie questions:

1. So if I buy a Cisco PAP2T, it will work with my regular vtech (or any) cordless phone, right?

2. I live in an apartment building where we have a intercom system.when people come, they will punch the buzz number, my regular phone will ring, and I will let them in. So if I switch to voip.ms, can my phone still do the same?

3. I'd like to get a new DID for now, play with it for a few months, if everything is ok, then maybe port my current phone number. Can I cancel the first DID at that point?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
56,685 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The approach I used was to get a new DID from voip.ms. I played with that for a day or so, and liked what I saw.

At that point I picked up a PAP2T, programmed it and voip.ms as I wanted, then, call forwarded my existing Bell # to the new DID. Lived with that solution for a month until I knew it was working fine. I also at this time disconnected the house wiring from Bell and plugged the PAP2T into the wall so that all other phones in the house would work.

Finally I started the process to port my original number from Bell to voip.ms. This last week I decided that since I had given no one the DID I had initially obtained from voip.ms that there was no point hanging on to it, and cancelled it.

Peter

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
1. Yes
3. Yes

Please search existing threads as all your questions have been answered many times. Ask additional questions in existing threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.