Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has put together a collection of scripts they use against either the REST or SOAP API of voip.ms? I've only written one script so far: Everytime I received a telemarketer call on Primus, I could dial a code that marked that number as a telemarketer. The list of those numbers is stored in my Primus web admin panel. My script took that list of numbers and created individual CallerID filtering rules for voip.ms to hang up on those numbers.

Just wondering what other fun things people have done with the scripting interface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Telemarketer list

I guess I'll get it started with my own script. It's Python, and I did a complete hack-job on it. There are about a million ways this could be better, but it gets the job done. It assumes you have a file named numbers.txt in the same directory as the script, and that this file contains one phone number on each line; the numbers you want to block. Anytime one of those numbers calls any one of your DIDs, the system will hang up on them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2384988/add_bulk_telemarketers.py

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just tried this out.. The script works nicely; however I found that with your option of "sys:hangup" I seem to continue to hear ringing on the phone that is being blocked (I added my cell phone to the blocked list).

However, either "sys:busy" to return an immediate busy, "sys:noservice" to return "this number is out of service", or "sys:disconnected" to return "this number has been disconnected" seem to work as expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. sys:busy is probably a better idea anyway. Make the telemarketers *think* that they have a chance of reaching you, waste their time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
voip.ms API rest json or soap

Trying to figure out how to embed the scripts into my site for a customer. So when they login to my site, it will bring in the CDR amount and add my custom taxes to the amount owed. In the USA we have so many different taxes we have to add on for billing. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts