Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since when did Voice Print start broadcasting movies(Audio Only)? Last night and I think today Voice Print broadcasted Kelly's Hero's(and it wasn't censored either, you heard all the swearing :eek: )? You heard the movie in the background and ever so often you heard the woman speaking explaining what was happening?

Thats the first I saw VP do that? To bad they couldn't amend their license to show video footage(at least for movies) and be similar to The Accessible Channel? :confused:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If they can get that on Sirius/XM, it would be interesting to see how popular that could become. In fact, during my first few years of independence, I couldn't afford a TV, so I listened to CBC 6 in Montreal on my FM radio. It was surprising how much I could catch even without the descriptive video.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Do you need a license to be added to Sirius/XM? If not, then there's nothing stopping them as long as they obtain the broadcast rights.
Nothing except that the satellites are physically limited in the number of channels they can offer.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm a volunteer reader at Voiceprint and a couple years ago I asked one of the powers that be if they ever considered going on Sirius/XM. Apparently they never did. They're missing out on a whole new audience, if you ask me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts