Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Could be considered a strange country for a launch but Europe has had far better phones than here for a long while. Only now with the advances in the smartphones such as apple and RIM has North America caught up. I remember browsing their selections back in early 2000's and wondering why the heck we were selling stuff they didn't even use anymore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Actually, Portugal is one of the nations that has the highest ownership for mobile phones and tablets. It's around 137% which means most portuguese own more than one phone! so it's not strange at all.

Also, Portuguese telecom companies were the first to introduce "pay as you go" mobile offerings. They are the early adopters for most of the mobile technologies that exist today

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
When I was in Portugal a couple of years ago almost everyone was using "dumb" Nokia phones (they looked very similar to the phone that I had in 2001) while most of my friends in North America were using BBs or iPhones.

How does that price compare with the iPad price in Portugal? €589.90 converts to about US$850 which is pretty steep - isn't that about $20 more than the US price for a 64GB iPad with 3G? And this Samsung device only has 16GB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts