Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vizio said today it is expanding into mobile space with the introduction of the Vizio smartphone and tablet. Both will run on the Android operating system and allow owners to access apps through the Android Market.

The company says its VIA Phone will feature a 1 GHz processor, 4" = capacitive touch screen, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, GPS, a MicroSD card slot for memory expansion and HDMI output with HD video playback. It will also features a front-facing camera for video chats and a 5 megapixel rear camera for photos and HD video capture.

The VIA Tablet also features a 1 GHz processor, with an 8" high-resolution capacitive touch screen, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, GPS, a MicroSD card slot for additional memory expansion, HDMI output with HD video playback, and a front-facing camera for video chats. It also boasts a three-speaker design for stereo audio in both portrait and landscape modes.

Vizio says it will be demonstrating the new devices at CES later this week. No word on pricing or availability.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Saw this tablet out in the wild yesterday at Sam's Club. Price was $298. Didn't get much of a chance to play with it. I have a Vizio TV with the Via apps, and they work great (Amazon VOD, Netflix, Hulu+, Pandora) but based on my research, it doesn't look like this tablet has all these features. I would be very interested if it does support the same apps as the TV. Anyway, this table is priced extremely competitively, so I may take a risk and get one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think this tablet is priced perfectly to compete. And with the few extras it has ie. Ir blaster for using it as a remote for tvs, 3 speakers. I think it would be good option for those looking for smart remote. Harmony remotes go for 300 bucks and don't connect to the android market.

I am going to pick one up next time I am in the sates for sure..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts