Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a warning to check your auto top-up. For some reason Virgin could not explain why my credit card was removed from my auto top-up. Strange as they had my credit card on file once I called. They also now charge $1 to call them via 611 for the top-up. Maybe other inquiries as well, I didn't ask. But rep did waive the $1 fee. I have a feeling this was a Virgin problem and nothing I did on my end. I still had the text from exactly 1 year ago where it said "auto top-up was successful and my credit card did not change or expire in the last year.

So I had the rep re-activate my auto-top-up. The kicker was I did not qualify for the 10% promo (after I asked). So I simply said I would go to the website and re-activate auto top-up to get the 10%. Rep then added $10 to the account.

Caveat emptor.

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
I had the same sort of glitch in December with Rogers PAYGo. For some reason it didn't Auto-top up and then I lost my $150 balance too. Gave them a call and it was corrected right away, but it does show that you need to check occasionally to make sure. CSR had no explanation for the glitch. I check once a month after my normal auto-top-up date. I also take a screenshot of my activity because there is no "statement" for PAYGo on Rogers.

·
Super Moderator
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I remember reading your post which prompted me to post my experience. Seems like some sort of "purge" they do from time to time. Obviously to their advantage.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I had a similar experience with Bell. They "lost" my updated credit card information and cancelled my PAYGO plan along with the ~$150 accumulated carry over credits. I guess that's one way to get those pesky consumer credits off their books. I suspect they are a negative on the company balance sheets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts