Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Every few weeks my 2262 gets stubborn and won't turn off, either with the remote or by pushing the power button. The light goes out when I push either button (remote or box), but comes right back on. Eventually, after as many as 30 pushes, the light will go out and stay out. It happened today and I was in a rush so I just gave up and left the room. When I can back about half an hour later, the box was off.

Any ideas? Anyone else ever experience this? Or do I just have a defective box?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Although I do not have bell fibe, I have used it before and this does NOT seem like its operating correctly. If I were you, I would give Bell Fibe TV Technical Support a call and see what they can do?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Never had that happen, but first action would be to reboot the box, either via the menu or by unplugging the box.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It runs all the time even if the light is off. there is a default setting which turns off the light after a specified time of activity.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My 2262 2202 does that periodically. I think I usually change some channels and shut it off and it does.

Actually they also sometimes do the opposite where I turn it on, a few seconds later its off with the To watch tv please press Bell/select blue screen.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ This one does that too occasionally.

and @Bplayer: I have rebooted it several times and no change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts