Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Kudos to Videotron

I've complained alot recently about Videotron's HD service (in particular the Buffalo stations and the use of simsubs), but I feel I must give them credit in switching to the Vermont stations and rectifying alot of the problems. Granted, we still have issues with the new feeds, but we don't have to suffer through anymore substandard simsubs. The NFL games today looked great from their originating broadcasters.

Cheers!

P.S. Sucks the Pats lost, I guess I have to root for the Bears now!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm curious about WVNY on Videotron. Is it always stable or are there frequent dropouts (like us OTA viewers who get a really crappy signal on channel 13)? I wonder how Videotron is picking it up (OTA, fibre, or microwave)?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I haven't watched WVNY extensively, I only really watch Boston Legal in HD. This is sure to change once Lost returns.

Strangely enough Boston Legal always has an audio issue: We get sound (music, effects, ambient sounds), but never hear any dialog. I'm using a SA 8300HD decoder with stereo outputs (I don't have an AVR).

·
Registered
385 Posts
There are no frequent dropouts. It seem to be more stable that the OTA version. I think the signal come from Comcast (Adelphia).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just reporting back to say this Tuesday's Boston Legal had dialogue audio, so hopefully the issue with WVNY on Videotron is fixed.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts