Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Or just get the western CBS feed (unsubstituted last year) and flip over to see the ads. That's what I did.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I think people are expressing concerns about getting the US ads during the Superbowl... the HD ads!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yeah, I know, but just wanted to point out that the ads were available last year, in SD, while HD was substituted with Global.

I don't think we need to worry about that this year, however. I expect to see the game and ads all on CBS HD.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it! I just know that Global will somehow simsub over the CBS HD feed this year again, like they did last year.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got a written letter yesterday, from Videotron, saying that they will NOT simsub anything until GlobalHD/CTVHD Montreal are here and operational. This was following a formal complaint that I sent to the CRTC.

·
Registered
138 Posts
BTW, PBS switched again from Plastsburgh to Buffalo yesterday. Don't know why.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Last year we were getting the US channels from Buffalo via Rogers. Global was feeding Rogers the US channel with Simsub accordingly and within the rules.

Since Videotron is capturing the US channels from Plattsburgh and Burlington, it would require a Global intervention from Montreal to incorporate Simsub.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, it was illegal.
Unfortuneatly Videotron was receiving the CTV & Global HD feeds from Rogers. I believe that CTV & Global offer OTA HD signals in Toronto where the American networks are distributed. It was therefore legal for the Canadian broadcasters to request the simsub. Videotron had no control over the simsub.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry. but... It makes no difference whether Videotron were getting their HD feed from Rogers or the moon.. the simple fact is that Videotron's feed to their customers was sub and this is illegal. Had they wished to remain legal, they would have had to get their signal elsewhere. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Salut JF,
Superbowl on CBS this year, did you get a positive answer from Mme Dusserault that there will be no simsub this year.
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also interested in knowing how to get the US commercials. Having a bunch of ppl. over for the game. Its gotta be in HD and with American channels da**it :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Info directly from Videotron's tech support:

(22:28:56)Dan : Puisque le superbowl sera diffuse en HD sur CBS cette annee, est-ce qu'on recevra les annonces des Etats-Unis avec cette emission HD?
(22:29:41)Steve Lemelin : oui, le canal CBS ne sera pas substitué par un canal canadien. donc, vous allez avoir les pubs américaines

41 - 60 of 65 Posts