Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Videotron today announced that the speed of its Basic Internet access service will increase from 1 mbps to 2.5 mbps. The bandwidth cap remains at 3 GB per month.

Price remains at $27.95.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes they are going to have to bring there down there prices a bit. A friend of mine is starting his own isp based in montreal but is right on the internet back bone and the rules are where there is any cable or dsl located in Quebec and Ontario you can go with his service and speed won't be a problem because there located in montreal ,but the prices are going to be great and a new cable modem would only cost around $50.00 and prices with large download speeds are going to be around maybe 22.00 a month with no cap ,around that price range. but you can see that competition is slowing going to force the prices Down and the big thing they want to focus also on customer service. i have no real big details at this point but there model looks great, there are other isp that have open up and a buddy of mine has been with a no name for years now and he has always been very satisfied with the serves so sometimes smaller company's can offer great prices and services. More For your $$.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i have no real big details at this point but there model looks great
Very convincing... ;)

So how is your buddy getting to the customers in the last mile exactly? AFAIK, only Videotron and Bell have the infrastructure in place and Bell seems to be the only one reselling (DSL) to wholesalers... There are already hundreds of those around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts