Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Google "kaphyr illico" and you'll get an excellent reference as to what's coming and what has changed with Videotron. I've seen him mention that he can't post links.
Not sure how frequently kaphyr updates this list.
FX channel has been broadcasting for a while but according to the web site is still to come.
"Ajout éventuel du canal SD FX"
"Ajout éventuel du canal HD FX HD"

I miss the wikipedia page for both Bell and Videotron.

·
Registered
155 Posts
HBO Moving to Channel 812

Watching Boardwalk Empire last night, there was a banner that indicated that HBO Canada would move to channel 812 starting Dec 5. I would guess that TMN would also move to 811.

Considering where HBO-SD is situated on the channel grid, the move makes sense. Does anyone know the extent of what they are doing? I went over to the Videotron site and other than the launch of FX on channel 810, I couldn't find any information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Watching Boardwalk Empire last night, there was a banner that indicated that HBO Canada would move to channel 812 starting Dec 5. I would guess that TMN would also move to 811.

Considering where HBO-SD is situated on the channel grid, the move makes sense. Does anyone know the extent of what they are doing? I went over to the Videotron site and other than the launch of FX on channel 810, I couldn't find any information.
I saw the same notice while watching Dexter on TMN, so you're correct. My best guess is that everything that's "premium" will be moving to the 800s, seeing as all the HD channels for regular cable are starting to spill to the 700s. I would guess they would rather have stuff like Food network and Spike TV ahead of their movie channels, so they're moving them to the 800s to separate them. My hope is that this will lead to us finally getting the HD equivalents for M Excess, Fun and Fest and Encore 2. Hell, maybe it even opens up space for AMC on 209/809!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Prax, here is the official response I received from Videotron via twitter:
these channels are being moved to other positions to respect the +600 rule and thus to simplify your TV experience.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My hope is that this will lead to us finally getting the HD equivalents for M Excess, Fun and Fest and Encore 2. Hell, maybe it even opens up space for AMC on 209/809!
Videotron cannot continue to charge over $16 per month for a movie package that only has 2 HD channels when Bell Fibe offers all the Movie Network channels in HD including AMC.

At this time I am not s subscriber to this premium package since I do not perceive the value of the current offering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Prax, here is the official response I received from Videotron via twitter:
these channels are being moved to other positions to respect the +600 rule and thus to simplify your TV experience.
Makes sense, but it does also open up more options for them in both the 800s and 700s. The new HD channels were starting to get confusing. I always end up watching Food Network on 102 because I forget what HD channel it's on lol.

Videotron cannot continue to charge over $16 per month for a movie package that only has 2 HD channels when Bell Fibe offers all the Movie Network channels in HD including AMC.

At this time I am not s subscriber to this premium package since I do not perceive the value of the current offering.
The package includes FX now so that's 3 (although I don't see why that isn't on the regular cable list). But they definitely need to get their act together and get us the other three TMN channels in HD.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The Movie Network belongs to Astral. I don't know if Videotron has to pay extra or make some agreement with Astral to get the HD channels.

Or it could be a bandwidth issue.

Videotron was very agrressive with their "say no to Bell" campaign so the Astal deal did not go through.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The package includes FX now so that's 3 (although I don't see why that isn't on the regular cable list). But they definitely need to get their act together and get us the other three TMN channels in HD.
You are correct, Videotron now offers 3 HD channels for $16 per month.

Long way to go to meet Bell Fibe that offers 9 HD channels for $13 per month.

As far as I am concerned, the current Movie Network offering from Videotron is not worth the current price unless they triple the HD channels or drop the monthly charge by 1/3.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just read on Facebook that on Dec 14th videotron will be adding SE3 & SE4 in HD.
The recent channel shuffle of moving HD channels to the 800+ grid appears to have freed more space for additional offerings.

More HD channels in any language are always welcome if Videotron hopes to reduce the flow of their subscribers moving to Bell Fibe.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.