Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
What a waste of time. I'm a football fan and somebody would have to have their head examined if they chose to pay money to subscribe to the NFL network. Complete and utter crap. No games whatsoever. Just endless analysis blah blah blah of the variety that you get on Sundays before and after games. What garbage.
With what I have now, on Sunday 13:00 I can choose NFL games from CTV Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, CBS and FOX Burlington and Vancouver and TSN2. At 16:00 I can choose from CBS and FOX Burlington and Vancouver, SN Ontario and SN East.

There are also CTV Halifax, SN West and Pacific and Citytv Toronto and Vancouver; however the games they air usually are already duplicated by the above stations. For non-Sunday games, MNF on TSN and TNF on SN.

Therefore, there is really little value for subscribing to NFLN if one just want to watch the games.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There is a misconception that NFL Network shows games which is not the case. It is analysis and football oriented shows.

Then there is NFL Sunday ticket which IMHO is not worth it because 9 games can be seen weekly on Satellite. That is 9 out of 16.:eek:

On the first week I was able to watch 12 out of 16.:eek:

On the other hand, NFL Network has pre-season games but still I would not pick it a la carte. I have it on a old sports theme pack.:D

I did a comparison to FIBETV and Videotron and this week 7 games will be shown. Satellite will show 9.

In either case it is good and no need for Sunday Ticket.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sorry Rogue you're mistaken. The NFL Network (US Version) DOES air a few games, mostly pre-season but a few important games down the stretch (NE vs NYG when Moss caught his record 23rd TD comes to mind). To sum it up, a few live games and a lot more game replays....

I have no need for this channel as there is nothing ESPN.COM can't tell me. Besides, am a Pats fan so am content w/ the Burlington feeds.

Cheers, K

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yes, I know that Kraven, That is why the NFL added more Thursday night games so they could put it on their own Network(NFL Network US).

But I was talking about NFL Network Canada where the rights to those games belong to Rogers so NFL Network only has Pre-season games.

·
Registered
339 Posts
New Channels

Just saw this posted on another forum. Does anyone know if this is real or just a list of things Videotron is working on. Still hoping at my end that things will get better.

Des nouveaux services sont apparus.

Service 2100 : AMC : American Movie Classic
Service 2101 : AMCHD : American Movie Classic HD
Service 2102 : TWCHD : The Weather Channel HD
Service 2103 : SE3HD: Superécran 3 HD
Service 2104 : SE4HD : Superécran 4 HD
Service 2105 : MFUHD : M Fin HD
Service 2106 : MEXHD : M Excess HD
Service 2107 : MFEHD : M Fest HD

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is a very good list when it happens.
Wonder if AMC will be packaged as part of TMN / HBO offering or stand alone.

I also read on the illicotech.com web page that FX SD and HD are being considered for the future.

Thanks to the competition from Bell Fibe offerings from Videotron seem to be improving.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That last sentence pretty much sums it up. If not for competition from Bell, Videotron would also never improve their internet plans.

But what irks me, is that Videotron does not really take a step forward. Instead of giving people a better deal than Bell, they limit themselves to just macthing Bell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think that list is more of a wish list than fact. That's a lot of HD channels and don't think there is enough room on network for them. I'm a n00b so my words are not accurate, but some truth there.

But, it's looking good for FX Canada SD and HD in the not so distant future.
http://www.illicotech.com/

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just saw this posted on another forum. Does anyone know if this is real or just a list of things Videotron is working on. Still hoping at my end that things will get better.

Des nouveaux services sont apparus.

Service 2100 : AMC : American Movie Classic
Service 2101 : AMCHD : American Movie Classic HD
Service 2102 : TWCHD : The Weather Channel HD
Service 2103 : SE3HD: Superécran 3 HD
Service 2104 : SE4HD : Superécran 4 HD
Service 2105 : MFUHD : M Fin HD
Service 2106 : MEXHD : M Excess HD
Service 2107 : MFEHD : M Fest HD
What is this? Where did you see this? How old is this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
jrmtl06 how did you know the list was fake? So much information out there on forums it is hard to discern what is real and not.

Good news about FX - did not even know it was on the radar. Going to check out American Horror story that I keep reading so much about!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Rogue17; Bell has been calling me every month, and they are still 25-30$ more expensive than Videotron for identical services. As you pointed out earlier, this is because some channels are outside the 'à la carte' packaging and Bell cannot match Videotron's unlimited Canada-wide long distance rates; they only offer a Quebec rate. Except for hardware (PVR's), Videotron is giving Bell a run on pricing and services. Bell"s handicap is that 'new business development' and retentions are not on the same page; if you are not an existing customer and you request a 'retentions type offer'; they just politely end the conversation. They offer a 3-service, 136$ package, and retentions offers the same one for 90$ to my next door neighbours, yet new customers cannot get this price...oh well, la vie est belle sans Bell!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was looking at the wikipedia entry called "List of Vidéotron Illico TV channels" and noticed at the top of the page the following message:

This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.

Wonder if this page will continue to be active in the future. It contains good info and serves as a channel reference source.

·
Registered
339 Posts
expressmoria - I checked the list and it looks like there are various "TV lists of channels" on the potential deleted list. Possibly supplier concerns on the information being provided?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rainey... I know which forum that list came from because I saw it too (It has since been deleted I think) The poster with a handle "Kaphe" put it up as his first post clearly trying to impersonate "Kaphyr" who is a well respected poster on that site and seems*to have a heads up on upcoming channel.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was looking at the wikipedia entry called "List of Vidéotron Illico TV channels" and noticed at the top of the page the following message:

This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.

Wonder if this page will continue to be active in the future. It contains good info and serves as a channel reference source.
The Wikipedia page is now deleted.
A good reference that is no longer available.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.