Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2012.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Videotron in 2012 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Videotron has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces 2011: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=134527

·
Registered
65 Posts
I read on another forum, that Sportsnet One (SD and HD), Discovery HD, Bravo HD, Spike HD and Space HD might be coming to Videotron soon.

I hope this comes true soon.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Food is not on the list of upcoming HD stations yet. Bell and Rogers have it though. Spoke with Videotron the other day and illico 2 is delayed for possibly another few months and they are still working on opening up bandwidth to add more HD stations. So changes are in the works but not necessarily soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
videotrotn added four hd channels today bravo (669) Discovery channel (664) space (670) and RDS info (699) THANK YOU VIDEOTRON
Does anyone have an idea when previews for all of those expire? Illico gives me a timeout error when I try to check through "Select" popup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Regular" Discovery Channel HD was LOOOOONG overdue... Specially since Discovery World HD's programming is really interesting, for my tastes anyways...

Anyways, 3 new English Channels for 1 French, not so bad this time... Now where's my AMC???

Johnny

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah but it's only a free preview until 29 February. Starting 1 March, the four channels will be available as part of the Custom, Anglo, Telemax, Telemax+ and Mega packages, or a la carte.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New HD Stations

:DI agree happy to see the new Stations I would like to see the History Station become HD and get those Super Stations all movies would be nice also. Have a nice day to all. FernieMac.

·
Super Moderator
56,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again, more OT posts, paragraphs removed. This thread is about new channels, not about the programming on them, whether the programming is 4:3, etc. Future OT posts will simply be deleted.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just saw on Twitter that Videotron is negotiating with AMC. Has anyone heard anything? Afraid to get too excited but would be great as an addition to their lineup. Especially with Mad Men and the Killing returning end of March. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Videotron adds Sportsnet ONE

Montréal, February 21, 2012 – In response to popular demand, Videotron is enhancing its sports line-up with the addition of Sportsnet ONE as of February 23. Videotron customers will be able to get their fill of hockey, soccer, mixed martial arts and tennis on the eagerly awaited Canadian sport service during the free preview of its channel, which extends until March 31, 2012.

Sports fans will be able to tune in Sportsnet ONE on channels 177 (standard) and 777 (HD). The English-language channel covers Major League Baseball and NBA games, particularly the Blue Jays and the Raptors. Sportsnet ONE also carries live coverage of major international events such as English Premier League soccer, UEFA Champions League soccer, Indian Premier League cricket, cycling, tennis and more.

Subscribers to Videotron’s Digital TV service will get a free preview of Sportsnet ONE until March 31, after which it will be available as part of several packages or à la carte. For more information, visit videotron.com

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Will SportsNet One be included with the other SportsNet channels or is separate? With Bell when you subscribe to SportsNet you get SportsNet One too.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Good stuff. Sportsnet One is up and running this morning. So I can catch up on a number of Laker and Clipper games I had no mean to get.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.