Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is also interesting to note that the same web page states that Turner Classic Movies is scheduled to "be added soon".
If anybody has more information on TCM being added to Videotron, I sure like to hear it, thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oasis HD

Does anyone know if Oasis HD will be free after the preview period or is it like Discovery World HD with a charge attached to it?

I also see that Mlle will be added in SD & HD in early may. I bet you it won't take long to have it on the grid since it is owned by videotron. Meanwhile we wait for TCM HD, AMC HD, etc...:mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wikipedia no longer mentions Oasis HD nor TCM HD.
Now Sun TV and Mlle are expected in the coming months.
Not sure who is updating this web page but the prediction it makes are not reliable...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have an update on the TSN-Habs regional feed? Obviously it's too late for this season, but I would really hope that it would be made available for next season, as I wouldn't be surprised if they had upwards of 40 games.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wikipedia removed Oasis and Peachtree as potential new stations. I contacted Videotron the other day about these stations as well as TCM and AMC. They told me that I would be added to a list of people who are looking for these stations but they have no information on adding them in the near future. Bell FibeTV is now offered in my area and if videotron can not get it's act together they will be losing me as a customer before the year ends.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Baby TV

Yet another new SD channel on channel 170.

Wonder how many requests they received to have this one added instead of all the HD channels being asked by this group and many others.

Fibe TV is not yet available in my area but when it comes I will decide if Videotron is worth keeping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lets not forget that with Bell Fibe TV you must take Internet also.
Fibe TV alone is not an option and I've heard so many wild stories about Bell Internet that I don't think I would go that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wikipedia removed Oasis and Peachtree as potential new stations. I contacted Videotron the other day about these stations as well as TCM and AMC. They told me that I would be added to a list of people who are looking for these stations but they have no information on adding them in the near future. Bell FibeTV is now offered in my area and if videotron can not get it's act together they will be losing me as a customer before the year ends.
I can absolutely guarantee that both Peachtree (WPCH Atlanta) and TCM (Turner Classic Movies) WILL be available on Videotron as of April 1, 2011!!! Why the Wikipedia postings were removed is a mystery to me. Oh, and by the way, Oasis TV isn't far behind. Don't have exact date yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I can absolutely guarantee that both Peachtree (WPCH Atlanta) and TCM (Turner Classic Movies) WILL be available on Videotron as of April 1, 2011!!! Why the Wikipedia postings were removed is a mystery to me. Oh, and by the way, Oasis TV isn't far behind. Don't have exact date yet.
The date of 1 April does not inspire any confidence to me but will give the benefit of doubt and see what happens...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think Videotron probably took these off. They probably don't like things to be announced or talked about before it is a done thing. Mlle also was removed and obviously that will be added when it launches, as it is a TVA specialty station.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What about Sportsnet ONE?

We have TSN & TSN2. Anyone know if Videotron is planning to add Sportsnet ONE any time soon? It really is unfortunate that people across the river in Ottawa get it with Rogers, yet people in the Outaouais are left in the cold, especially those of us who are Senators fans, as a good chunk of Sens games are on Sportsnet ONE and not on the regular Sportsnet.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
from press release today (edited for brevity)

Videotron is expanding its Digital TV channel line-up by adding Turner Classic Movies and Peachtree TV on April 1.

Movie buffs will get their fill of classic films on Turner Classic Movies (TCM). Turner Classic Movies is a Peabody Award-winning network that presents great films, uncut and commercial-free, from the largest film libraries in the world. As the foremost authority in classic films, TCM also features critically acclaimed original documentaries and specials.

Turner Classic Movies will be available on channel 219 as of April 1. All subscribers to Videotron Digital TV will get a free preview for the first month.

Peachtree TV, based in Atlanta, carries popular movies and series, including The Office, Seinfeld, The Cosby Show and Law and Order. During the baseball season, it also broadcasts all Atlanta Braves games.

Peachtree TV will be carried on channel 218, with a free preview for subscribers to Videotron Digital TV for the first month.

The two channels will be available as part of the Super Stations package for $6 per month ($2 if combined with The Movie Network).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Peachtree at 218 and TCM at 219.
Both channels SD no HD version at this time.
Not interested in addiing more SD channels, will wait for the HD version when and if it arrives.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yep. Up and running. Now if they could just add AMC. Hey at least now they are trying to get back into the competition game.

·
Registered
30 Posts
TCM SD not good enough

What are these people thinking when they want their clients to pay $6:00 a month for 6 channels and none will be in HD. I don't know how many of you will subscribe to this but I sure as hell will not.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
56,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just as an FYI, TCM-HD uses mostly SD upconverts and not HD Masters. The PQ is not bad, but it's not HD. This was discussed in a TCM thread below, as well as several other blogs. TCM is slowly adding HD quality movies to their repertoire.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=125622 TCM & HD Masters

And yes, I know that movies are telecined, etc. The TCM issue is unique and eventually they will be showing HD quality movies. If you wish to discuss this topic, please use the existing TCM thread and don't take this thread off topic. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.