Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to download video files to my PC, say in divx/xvid format and watch it on my PS3 through the wireless connection.

What's the easiest way to do it?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
You say download but your subject says streaming? Which is it?

If its d/l, then just copy the files to your PS3 or burn them to a DVD and start watching. DivX is supported by PS3 although you may have some issues with Xvid.

If its streaming, you'll need to set up your PS3 to stream from a media server.

Instructions around here or just look at the PS3 docs.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
I believe the easiest way to enable video (and audio) streaming from a PC to your PS3 is to turn on Network File Sharing in Windows Media Player. You will also have to enable this in the PS3. As hugh stated previously, there are clear instructions on how to do this in the PS3's documentation and online user manual.

All multimedia files in the file directories you have mapped on your PC will be recognized by the PS3.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I use Windows Media Player 11 to stream to my PS3. Earlier versions won't work. You have to add your media to your "library" for the player to stream it. You can set it up to add media automatically when it is added to a certain folder.

Works perfectly with xvid/Divx:cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've never had any luck streaming to the PS3, but I haven't really explored it that thoroughly via the online manual.
WMP 11 setup super easy and fast to stream to the 360, so I never bothered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts