Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so I apologize if I put it in the wrong section or if it's been answered already.

I want to set it up so that I can stream some Xbox Live matches online. I could do it fine with my other tv because it had a Monitor-Out option in the back that I could hook up to my PC's TV tuner but my new HDTV does not have video or monitor-out. It only has input. No s-video either.

So I guess my question is if there anything that I can buy, be it a video recorder or something that will allow me to output and stream the video online? Also, if it's possible to do with a bluray player?

Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
248 Posts
You didn't mention what type of video signal you're trying to work with, whether it is HDMI or component, but I suspect in either case you want one of two things:
- A playback device with a video through so you can watch and play the game and send it on to a recording device.
- A splitter so you can send the video signal to two places at once, one being the TV and the other being the recording device.

I don't know much about TVs with an output (or through for the input signal) but I suspect that some AVR's on the market might be able to output to more that one type of signal simultaneously (say to HDMI and to component.)

If that isn't workable then they do make video splitters, the Black Box catalogue I got in the mail yesterday had more than a few.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be from my Xbox 360 RGB video component.

I found a "3-Play Component Video Digital Audio Selector" on Amazon - would that work or can you give me some other product examples?

Thanks.

·
Banned
248 Posts
It will be from my Xbox 360 RGB video component.

I found a "3-Play Component Video Digital Audio Selector" on Amazon - would that work or can you give me some other product examples?

Thanks.
From the Black Box Canada site (so hoping any prices you see are in $Cdn) there is this little puppy, which is almost exactly perfect for your needs, but runs a little pricey. (Black Box will usually have a solution to a problem, but not at the cheapest price... I use them to know what is possible on the market before looking for similar products at more reasonable prices elsewhere.)

http://www.blackboxcanada.ca/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=1578,1856,1860&mid=4874

I like the above product because its two things in one... it can be a splitter or a switch... making it more useful once you no longer need it for the primary purpose... but there is a cheaper splitter:

http://www.blackboxcanada.ca/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=1286,1636,1696&mid=4081

And, looking (for my first time ever) online at the "The Source by Circuit City" web pages, I found this device, which seems cheap and useful for your needs:

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...line&category=VideoAmplifiers&product=1518273

I'm sure there are other cheap devices that will solve your problem if you look around... in fact, I suspect you will end up spending as much on cables (cause you'll need two more sets of component cables) as you would on the last device above.

BTW, another possibility: Get a cheap tripod, put you video camera on it, and get a good focus on the TV... record while you play, and then capture from that. It will never be as high quality as what you asked how to do, but it might end up being cheap if you want to do it infrequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts