·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect the resale prices will be similar and the trade-ins less! I simply can't see FS being as competitive as EB games on this.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hopefully, they can do a little better than EB's pricing scheme of re-selling the used games for 90%+ of the original retail value
I noticed a couple of used titles at my local FS for $50+, so I'd say No, they are the same. Disappointing.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Saskatoon location has been at it for a few months now and I tried to trade in a couple of games that I bought over box-week but the prices were pretty crappy ( EB-like ).

The trade-in business has always been a rip off across the board so I am not surprised that Futureshop is no different.

I, however, have not seen any used games at the local Futureshop, I wonder what they are doing with the games that took in.

The only hope I have is for Futureshop to sell used games at about 50% of original retail as opposed to 70~80% like EB because it simply defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I, however, have not seen any used games at the local Futureshop
They are at the far end of the 360 game aisle, on 2 small shelves near the top. You probably missed them because the used prices are 90% of new; you probably thought they were the new games. No deals to be had there.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I wouldn't have given this so much as a 2nd thought as being a reasonable offer. They see the absolute mountains of cash Gamestop is hoarding from used games sales and want to cash in but expect to buy your used games from you for $10 and resell it for $50.

There are sometimes deals to be had if you look. EBGames had an offer of trade 2 games in and get 1 free. My wife traded in 2 shovelware titles she bought for the Wii. They were $20 each and got a AAA title in return. I forget which one now but the purchase price on the new game was more than what we paid for the 2 she traded in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just in case somebody isn't aware of this site:

www.tivs.ca

You can see for yourself how FS stacks up. They are actually quite competitive, and the real bonus is that -- I believe -- you get store credit that you can use towards anything, not just games.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
dezzpayne, I agree.

I have actually been holding on to the games I want to trade-in waiting for a special promo. I'm still upset at the one I missed last year while vacationing in the US, where you could trade in any 5 games and get the console for $199. With the dollar at par (at the time), this would have been a great bargain compared to the individual value of each of those games.

Hoping for the same thing this summer...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I noticed FS's new trade in a little while ago and decided to call them and Blockbuster to see what I'd get for Gears 2 (I don't even bother with EB).

Blockbuster offered $20 and FS was $35. While I was at the store trading it in the screen showed Gears 1 as $13.20 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was in FS last weekend looking for the newest Call of Duty for xbox. Found it for 59.99 and only saw when I got home that it was used! Yes, it said 'used' it but not in a large font and I didn't have my reading glasses on. Besides, 59.99?!?! Nothing about that price would say 'used' game. Needless to say, I returned it unopened the next day. Found it new at Sears for 65 bucks. Yes, only 5 bucks more. Well, at least now I know what to look out for.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts