Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to use the capture mode in Sony Vegas Movie Studio trial version, I get an error message: Xvidcore.dll, and I'm unable to capture video from my camcorder. I've had this error for some time, but I ignored it as my other program, WinDVD, was able to still capture video (With some coaxing, albeit.).

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
YOu don't say what the error message is but I suggest you download the XviD codec again from the XviD website and reinstall the codec.

http://www.xvid.org/

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've never used the Sony Capture Mode. Instead, I use a free program called HDVSplit to transfer the raw footage onto my computer. The program will even automatically split the scenes for you. I have Sony Vegas access only the computer files during the editing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YOu don't say what the error message is but I suggest you download the XviD codec again from the XviD website and reinstall the codec.
All that came up in the box was "Xvidcore .dll not found"

There are a number of download choices. Which do I choose?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Are you sure? I thought there was only one for windows

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Those are all the same file and codec versions compressed with different programs, probably for different O/Ses. Download the zip file for Windows.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sony Vegas Movie Studio problem

I fixed the problem with the Xvidcore error, but when I try to capture video via the software (trial version) I get a warning popup:

"The 'device Conextant 2388 Video Capture' could not be opened."

"Please make sure that it is turned on and is not being used by another application or user."

Then the program (capture mode) is difficult to shut down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts