Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,476 Posts
The s-video to component mentioned is a breakout cable that plugs into the mini-din on the graphics card. Same for the DVI to component adapter, which just brings the analog VGA on the DVI-I to RCA sockets. In either case, the graphics card needs to support component out on those connectors, as those just pass the signal out to RCA jacks, not convert it.

If your TV supports only 480i/p, the most economial thing you can do, if your graphics card does not support component out, is to keep using VGA to the TV directly (that is what I do, FWIW), or S-video through the receiver.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.