Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
9,071 Posts
"RCA F cable"???

It sounds like someone doens't know what they're talking about. It's either and "RCA" conector, as is commonly used for audio & video signals or "F" as is used for RF signals. The pictures shows RCA and S-video connectors. As mentioned in the comments, that sort of thing doesn't work at most scan rates and resolutions. You'll have to set the computer to output the scan and resolution accepted by the TV, which is 60 Hz, 525 line (~480 visible), interlaced. This means you'll be working with a very low resolution display that is not usable for most common computer apps.

I believe a transcoderis required
Not if all it does is combine the RGB & sync signals to make composite.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.