Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I switch from a HDTV to non-HDTV channel I get a split screen with a big vertical black bar in the middle and the picture split in the middle with the colors gone green and purple on DCT6200 if I switch back to the HDTV channel, the picture is perfect, if I go back to non-HDTV it splits again, the only thing I can do is turn off the receiver then it works ok again. I had a cable repair guy in the other day and he said its a known issue with the units and to get around the problem go back to using component cable instead of my dvi to hdmi cable... I know that doing that will fix the problem, but my picture quality will suffer. I've also tried a different dvi-d cable and its the same issue.... there has to be a better fix then that! I want my HDTV!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind guys searched the forums and found the solution already posted...
"If you are using hdmi and have the 4:3 override set to 480i try setting it to 480p..." did that and I can confirm that indeed fixed the issue, went from TSN-HD to TSN and back and forth.... brilliant no more green/purple split screen :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts