Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked my receiver today and it has the new 162 firmware. I'll post here in the coming days giving my results on the lip-sync issue. If anyone else has the new firmware please post your results as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
162 on 6141

I noticed mine was updated yesterday too. No change for the sync for me. Interviews during hockey last night were still very noticeably out of sync. Also, when changing channels now, huge delays for the picture displaying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
162 Firmware

Hmmm...so far so good for me. My wife also said she hasn't noticed any lip-sync issues yet. I really won't be convinced it's fixed until I see it work for a few weeks or more without the problem happening again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
162 Firmware

Well...guess I spoke too soon. Seeing lip-sync problems especially on HD channels still. Also still seeing problems on CNN with lip-sync. Now what???

·
Registered
235 Posts
Havn't checked mine yet but was still getting lip sync issues the other night when i was watch HD. Could it just be a minor patch for something else or to update some security settings since the card operated recievers are recieving new cards and the 6141 doesn't have a card? I'm assuming they wont' release any details as to what went into the new firmware?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have updated my unit to 162 and noticed the lip sync issues have gone.
I am using the component video for my HD though, but before the upgrade i had terrible lip sync issues

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mine seems to be fine as well (so far). I always do a re-boot of the receiver after a software upgrade, maybe those still affected should try the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
improvements

I had my 6141 reactivated after one of my 3100 units died. I am finding that there has been an improvement in the lip sync issue. I assume that they are still working on it. I was told that they have a new software version that they are testing, but it won't be pushed to our systems until they are sure all the bugs are out. As for now it ain't too bad. Still looking forward to when we can save via USB. I wonder if that will be free?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too find some improvement in the lip-sync (using HDMI), but still not 100% perfect yet. Hopefully the newer firmware (whenever it comes out) will finally fix this issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Version 163 firmware is now on my receiver. Will post my opinions on it after testing.

Anyone know what this firmware version does?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That function is not yet available on the 6141.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Still haven't found a difference with 163

I've checked through the menues but I still haven't noticed any changes other than the Bell logo.:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.