Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is unsurprising in my opinion as they gave very little notice before launching. Most people are likely stuck waiting for their existing contracts to expire. This 'evidence' also seems very anecdotal.

One of our Apple sources has shared some very sensitive information on first-week Verizon iPhone launch sales with us. It’s quite interesting — we’re being told sales are performing a little under what Apple and Verizon anticipated, and we have the data to show it. Below are unit sales totals from five Apple stores combined (including two very, very prominent Apple stores) showing both Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 sales during the Verizon iPhone’s first five days of availability:

* Thursday: Verizon = 909, AT&T = 539
* Friday: Verizon = 916, AT&T = 680
* Saturday: Verizon = 660, AT&T = 471
* Sunday: Verizon = 796, AT&T = 701
* Monday: Verizon = 711, AT&T = 618

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Interesting.

I didn't think there would be a strong demand for the iPhone on Verizon - especially since we are only ~6 months away from the iPhone 5. There is also the fact that Verizon has quite a few really good Android phones in their lineup.

That said, the two things I'm most interested in seeing are:

1) How were sales of the iPhone doing in the weeks prior to the Verizon launch? Knowing how sales were before the Verizon announcement and afterwards would be interesting to see.

2) How will this play out when the iPhone 5 is launched on both networks? I presume it will be a simultaneous launch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting.

I didn't think there would be a strong demand for the iPhone on Verizon - especially since we are only ~6 months away from the iPhone 5. There is also the fact that Verizon has quite a few really good Android phones in their lineup.
Yes this is the year of Android. Apple and Microsoft do not allow developers to write applications on their phones/systems without prior review. It means that you can't write application and publish it freely. You must pray to M$ or Apple for positive review of your app and wait 2 weeks. I hate such politics. On the other hand everybody can write for Android. You do not need to use Android Market at all. you can write app "APK" and publish it on your website.
Additional factor is that M$ Windows mobile costs $15 and nobody would like to pay ransom of $15 from each sold smartphone. Android is free. Programming tools are free. Visual Studio for M$ systems costs $2000. This is the year of android.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts