Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
10pmstalker, I had called them a few times only to be told that my service was not eligible for the upgrade. I did have the Actiontec modem installed a while back because my previous modem had failed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got my Actiontec today and called telus to set up the profile and still they wont give me 3HD/1SD even though its available in my part of the city. They told me to call back next month, im sure I will hear the same then too.. oh well, I got movie central out of the deal anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I called last Thursday about 3HD stream, customer rep put in the order and tell me it will take couple days to setup. Checked today, still on 2HD/1SD, called again today, and now the rep tells me i need to wait for a port to open up in my area before they can move me to 3HD. He tells me that it's up to me to keep calling Telus back to check for availability. can't believe i have to go through this all over again, heh.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those reps are so confused. I think they just tell you whatever comes to mind at that moment. I was told by a few reps that it will automaticly be done and I wont need to call then others have told me I have to keep calling back. Got told my port was good and they are setting it up now.. (this was on my old router that couldn't handle those speeds) Go to the telus.com/chat and talk to someone there, they will get a rep on the phone and talk to them and have it all done for you within minutes. You might have to try a few chats depending on the person. You do have to reset the cable box for it to show up though.

281 - 287 of 287 Posts