Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 169 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I think a series coming back after 4 months will probably be harmful to its survival. I mean March 2010? :eek:

·
Registered
721 Posts
...and why would the aliens, when talking amongst themselves, refer to themselves as V's ? Would they not refer to themselves by their species name when there are no humans around?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hasn't anyone on Earth wondered how these aliens look exactly like humans? I mean come on - right down to the same hair styles, and makeup. I know I would be suspicious.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
JamesK
"I believe looking like humans was the intent. They're simply wearing a disguise to fool us."
You've got that right. Those pesky aliens are intelligent and sneaky!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
JamesK
"I believe looking like humans was the intent. They're simply wearing a disguise to fool us."
You've got that right. Those pesky aliens are intelligent and sneaky!
I know that's their intent. I mean why aren't the humans (on the show) more suspicious of aliens looking like them? They should know that they are lizards underneath the fake skin (don't these people watch any science fiction?)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Larry "They should know that they are lizards underneath the fake skin (don't these people watch any science fiction? "
Some people never learn, I guess. They must be related to the characters in movies who say, when tracking a mutilating, mutant monster, "I'll circle 'round back to head him off. " Or, the guy who goes down to the cellar to check the fuse box when the lights go out knowing there's an escaped homicidal maniac in the area. Then there's the guy who goes to investigate what's making the strange noise upstairs of an old mansion who says to his terrified girlfriend:"Don't worry Honey, it's only the shutters banging against the house and I'll be back before you know it."
All these well-worn scenarios were in the Saturday movie matinees when I was growing up and we would yell out, "Don't go!", "Don't go!" but they went anyway.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Who is John May?

Did "John May", who has been mentioned a few times already in the new series as a Fifth Column leader from the past, appear in the first series?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did "John May", who has been mentioned a few times already in the new series as a Fifth Column leader from the past, appear in the first series?
No, he was not a character. There was a Visitor named John who was the Supreme Commander in the original miniseries. Martin was the name of the main Fifth Column Visitor.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up," ExiDor! I sent your info to ten "V" lovers who keep bugging me about when is it going to return. The link to the ABC "V" previews looked great on my computer.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Can anyone tell me why V is not on CTV now? I had it set up as a series recording in my DVR for CTVHD were the first 4 eps were on so I left it as is. Tonight I go to watch the DVR'd V from CTVHD and nothing. I do a search and it isn't even scheduled at all on CTVHD. This ticks me off. Anyway I reset my recording to record V from ABCHD from now on. Just like to know why CTV all of a sudden decided not to show it.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Looks like it was on /A\ Channel. I imagine it had something to do with American Idol and Lost upsetting the CTVHD schedule. I had my PVR set on ABCHD. Yah! No simsub! ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Spoiler Alert for PVR users who haven't seen it yet.

That was one of the best episodes last night IMO! Anna ,Queen of the Vee's, acts more like certain female insects (Preying Mantis, Black Widow Spider etc.) who eat their mates after breeding. Any guy who dates her is in for a very big shock!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Looks like it was on /A\ Channel. I imagine it had something to do with American Idol and Lost upsetting the CTVHD schedule. I had my PVR set on ABCHD. Yah! No simsub! ;)
Actually has more to do with CTV wanting to keep Law & Order: SVU in its Tuesday 10:00 timeslot in pre-release because it has aired there for years and they don't have room on Wednesdays (because of AI, Criminal Minds and CSI: NY).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I agree that it was one of the best episodes. Last season was only moderate quality at best, but I was prepared to give it a try this season. Hope it continues this way.

81 - 100 of 169 Posts