Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:- i have a 6131 receiver with a full hard drive PVR.
I tried to set it up in my fifth wheel but it looks like I need to be connected to the sat to have it work. I turned on the receiver and the tv says no signal.
Is there any way to watch the PVR without being connected to the sat?
Or does it have to have signal to turn on?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did this with a 9200 for awhile (to dump old programming off it). Got the "looking for sat" message ... just hit the PVR button and I got the list of recorded stuff. Worked fine. This was a 9200, don't know about yours, but you might want to try accessing the recordings and see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get any screen. The TV just says no signal. The receiver is connected properly. When I power up the receiver the green light comes on and then goes out in about 30 secs. Pushing the pvr button or menu or any other button does nothing.
I'm assuming that the receiver won't go on without a signal from the sat.
Thanks
chris

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The receiver should still be outputting Video to the TV, even if it is only to get to the Point Dish Screen, Menu, 6, 1, 1.

It it is the TV that is displaying 'no signal' then you are not on the correct Input of the TV.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I can use the PVR function to playback on a 9241 just fine when there is no satellite signal due to a storm.
I don't think that's what the previous posters are saying. A lost signal isn't the same as no signal at all. I once had a receiver that couldn't access the hard drive because there was no satellite or cable connection.If it wasn't a Bell reciever then it must have been a Star Choice (530) or cable receiver (1612) and both were made by Motorola. Don't know if that has any bearing on the matter.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Bell TV receivers are not made by Motorola. The 6131 (9200, 9242) should be usable with no satellite signal or no dish connected. I've done it many times. Pressing the PVR button should bring up the recorded shows list and allow any show on disk to be viewed. If that's not happening, something else is wrong.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Until the OP responds we are all just guessing.

This statement sounds like he is not on the correct Input of the TV.

I don't get any screen. The TV just says no signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts